Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Weekly Update #18

Reading
78. Read the following books:
• One Twilight book
Memoirs of a Geisha
• Catcher in the Rye
• Gone With the Wind
• Bridge to Teribithia


Haley gave me her copy of Memoirs of a Geisha and I've positively torn through it, figuratively speaking, of course. I've already read over half of it in one day and would have probably finished it in a day if I hadn't been baby-sitting. I love the book, but I still love the movie for what it is. It's impossible to put everything in the book into an already helluva long movie.

But yes, I can has the pleased with my new book. It won't replace The Devil Wears Prada as my favorite fun-reading book, but I'm really loving this whole time warp to 1930's Japan. It's like a whole other world.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!!! It has a much happier home with you. :-) I bought it the day before Justin graduated from the Lloyd so I would have something to read while staying at a hotel in Prestonsburg lol. Never got past the first page.

jannedoe said...

lol I have a feeling it's going to be one of my poor paperbacks that wind up with a wrinkled spine and dogeared pages after many times re-reading it. I love reading about Japanese culture.

 
template by suckmylolly.com