Thursday, September 11, 2008

Going Out on a Limb

Food and Health
40. Try a new recipe and/or food every month (1/143)

Today I did something that--for some weird reason--I swore I'd never do. I don't know if I was traumatized as a kid by it and forgot in my horror or what... but today, I had no choice but to do it.

I made mashed potatoes with cream of chicken.

I was out of butter. Like, completely and totally out, and I'd already mixed the potatoes up. I panicked. I didn't know what to do. Okay, it wasn't THAT bad, but it's been a bad day and I'm prone to panics after a long bad day.

After getting reassurance from Larry (who seemed thrilled at the idea), I put 1/4 of a can of the soup in my potatoes, stirred, added more flakes, stirred again... and it was divine. I mean, I think Jesus eats this stuff up in heaven. He probably puts a spoon of sour cream in it, though...

I have no idea why I was so opposed to the idea before. The idea repulsed me before. Then again, I've eaten stranger potatoes. Adam and Gina put a spoonful of mayo in theirs, and they're awesome.

So yeah... yay for me! :-D

1 comments:

Haley said...

Hooray!

For instant potatoes, I use the Bob Evans stuff in the meat aisle. :P It's already potatoes, just warm up!

 
template by suckmylolly.com