Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whiney Post Time!

One of my biggest things with making my 101 goals is knowing there are some goals that need to be met, but I just don't want to do/face them. Sometimes, I'm an emotional coward.

Cleaning and Organizing
3. Get film that’s laid around for years developed

I've got about three disposable cameras that need developed... maybe more. However, I only have a vague idea what's on them. One I know is mostly of Jordan Crabtree's wedding... a wedding of two people I'd never met before that day, nor have I seen since. Yet I think I know people who would give said pictures a good home. *looks around* Any takers?

Another one (or two?) is from Choir Tour... Texas, I think? I don't remember. I'm sure I took some interesting pictures of stuff, though, especially while at the Alamo. Total disappointment, but we made do.

Mostly, I just don't want to see certain people (read: a certain someone) who were once part of my life in that time frame. It was bad enough getting rid of all reminders/photos/etc. once before. I'd rather not do it again. But alas, the garbage must be sorted to find the treasures hidden within.

I'm hoping that I have pictures of a different someone who was once in my life, however. If I do have any pictures, they'd be on one of those rolls of film. I don't remember if I took any or not, though. There's only one way to find out.

But yeah, this is my first Dreaded Goal I'm thinking of tackling. All things considered, it's not THAT bad. I just need to find a new way to look at this and stop focusing on the dread.

We shall see.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Jordan is on my myspace friends. I'm more than certain he and his wife would gladly take the photos of their wedding off your hands.

I completely understand how cleaning can really turn into a facing of one's demons. Seriously... I cleaned the spare bedroom. :P I'm finding my demons in other goals though... like not buying yarn.

jannedoe said...

Awesome, when I get around to developing them, I'll have to see about contacting them. lol It'd be about like Christmas coming a bit early... or late... or whatever.

I guess the whole point of 101 in 1001 is to make us face the things we know we need to, but don't want to. It's a healthy thing, though. Once it's over, it's over. :-) And you'll get to buy yarn again soon! Plus... there's always Christmas! :-D

 
template by suckmylolly.com